dead.pixel
/.the difficult I do immediately; the impossible takes time
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Keep me updated
Received an email from a girl I used to like...It is a nice email...but she have put me through a lot of difficult thing because of her scheduling problems. I don't know...maybe she just want to email me so she would think she is right and I am not...here is her email with my edition in [brackets].

Michael [me],

Thanks for checking up on me [Thanks you for rarely checking up on me]; this whole job search
has been stretched out too long! [I wonder why?] I did very well in San Francisco, and I got two job offers, one with David Baker [I would take the baker because I tried to apply there] and the other with WM+P (Mcdonough + Partners). Unfortunately, I think those firms are
perfect if I got a few more years of experience instead of taking them right out of school [If you want experience...You would work for a big crappy firm then move away from it]. I wanted to learn some different things and I think I'll eventually find them. [First job is like college...you graduate when you can't learn anymore]

I am currently interviewing in Seattle and I'm getting some pretty good looks from some great firms [I am glad because I know you are talented but isn't hatcher is fucking in and perhaps you in Seattle since he's also there?]. They're still in hiring mode up here, and that's good news for
job hunters.

I hope you're doing well. I am so sorry that we weren't able to get our schedules to line up [Yea...that is my fault]. I am not sure what your recovery schedule is like, but if
you're looking for a job in the bay area, I heard Anderson Anderson and Bohlin Cywinski Jackson are looking for entry-level hires [Why don't you take those...too crappy?].

Now that I think about it, and it's completely out of line for me to suggest, but I think you would like Seattle [I would because of the greatness of architecture in that area...but I am a Bay Area guy. The location is perfect for everything I do in my life. I am close to everything I love]. In a way, it's similar yet different to San Francisco. And the weather isn't as awful as they tend
to say[There is a lot of rain there...]; it's usually mixed like the bay area.

If you're curious about the Pacific Northwest building community [not really..there are few good firms..good use of material and craftsmanship], it's very active and closely networked. Some great work is happening here and would be a great opportunity for learning and development [I believe it...but I want to make beautiful building in SF]. You can check out the work with Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, Cutler Anderson, Olson Sundberg Kundig Allen Architects, Lead Pencil, Prentiss Architects, Schemata Workshop, E. Cobb Architects, LMN Architects, MillerHull, Weinstein A|U, and more listed at the AIA Seattle Chapter website. There's a good base of older
alumni from Cal Poly established here and firms have been impressed by our program.

And what's not to like about a neighborhood-oriented city that loves the arts and trades like glassblowing, steelwork, metal-smithing, ceramics, painters, and other handcrafts [craft is good for thinking]? Tons of urban craft sales and open-air markets. The summers I heard are gloriously long, sunshine and mild. And a bunch of new city art sculpture parks opened up along the elliot bay and soon to be reopened city art museum. And if you haven't been to Pike Place market, it is one to visit [Interestingly fun].

If I do end up in the Pacific Northwest [go], and if that little spill didn't plant a seed[ouch], I hope I can convince you to come and visit [really]. I hope you're doing better! Keep me updated[what about now?]!

xoxo